Sarah Riggs Amico, Democratic candidate for Lt.Governor, is seeking Full- and Part-time Interns for Summer 2018/Fall 2018!
This is an excellent opportunity to get first-hand experience on a major, historic statewide campaign. Interns will work collaboratively with senior staff across a number of key areas and will be eligible to attend fundraisers and campaign events. Credit is awarded.
We are interviewing candidates for the following operational areas:
Communications, Volunteers/Outreach, Fundraising, Policy and Campaign Management
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s (Upper Division students) or Master’s Degree
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Google Drive (Docs, Sheets)
- Strong attention to detail, ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Experience conducting research
- Very task-oriented
- Self-starter with excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Social media savvy
- Bilingual skills highly preferred
- Knowledge of Georgia Policy/Politicians highly preferred
- Must be available for events, fundraisers and in-office meetings; some travel may be required.
Additional Qualifications for Communications Department
- Proficient knowledge of social media and press (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn Snapchat + analytics)
- Excellent writing skills (press releases, boilerplates, one sheets, bios etc)
- Preference given to those experienced with graphic design (photoshop, adobe illustrator)
- Preference given to those familiar with CISION
- The communications intern will be responsible for relevant research and for organizing and maintaining social media calendars, reports, media impression spreadsheets and individual calendar invites.
- Must be available to attend fundraisers, media events and all press engagements.
- Please submit writing samples with resume.
Interns will be asked to provide own transportation to and from the office, must work on own computer or tablet, and will be required to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
These roles will be located in either our Northwest Cobb or Downtown Atlanta office.
Specify your location preference in your application.
Please send cover letter (no more than 1 page) and resume to Kolbey Gardner at email@example.com.